Other sections of The Hub may have additional rules and regulations that are specific to that particular section and will be accessible to you in such sections.
NAR may modify these Terms from time to time. Any modifications to the Terms will be effective once posted to the Site. If you access or use The Hub after the Terms have been modified, your continued access and use will constitute acceptance of all modifications.
NAR's REALTOR® Trademarks
NAR is the exclusive owner of the REALTOR®, REALTORS®, REALTOR® Block "R" Logo, and other REALTOR® trademarks. The REALTOR® trademark has one meaning only: a registered collective membership mark which may be used by real estate professionals who are members of NAR and subscribe to its strict Code of Ethics. The REALTOR® trademarks are not synonymous with real estate agent, real estate broker or real estate professional. NAR will enforce against any misuses of its trademarks. Members may use the REALTOR® trademarks provided they follow NAR's trademark rules. Members can find NAR's Membership Marks Manual at the following link: https://www.nar.realtor/membership-marks-manual. If you have a question about proper use of the trademarks, please feel free to contact NAR at firstname.lastname@example.org
NAR's Content and Intellectual Property
Any information or content shared on The Hub is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal or professional advice. Please consult with an appropriate professional for any professional advice you need, for example, legal or accounting advice.
NAR or its partners created the text, images, video, graphics, content, and materials ("Materials") available through the Site. All Materials are protected by all applicable copyright and trademark laws. NAR or the party credited owns the Materials, and all rights in the Materials are expressly reserved. Use of the Materials is subject to NAR's Reprint Policy, which describes in detail how you may use the Materials found on The Hub. Please review that document before using the Materials. Any use not described in the Reprint Policy is prohibited.
The Hub is designed to promote and facilitate a meaningful exchange of information on issues in the real estate industry. Differences of opinion are fine. But Hub users may not use the platform to intimidate, attack, or harass other users. Nor may they use The Hub to disparage NAR members, staff, or institutions that NAR does business with, including government officials, elected bodies, or agencies. Be courteous; let other users have their say, just as you may. In order to ensure a safe and civil environment, NAR expects users to conduct themselves in a respectful and law-abiding manner when using the Site. In addition, Hub users may not:
- Use The Hub to advertise or promote real estate listings or real estate services;
- Use The Hub to send unsolicited communications or promotions, also known as "spam";
- Use The Hub to promote or advertise products or services;
- Use The Hub in any way that violates local, state or federal laws;
- Upload or share materials that are illegal, fraudulent, defamatory, libelous, misleading, threatening, profane, or obscene;
- Take any action that will disrupt or interfere with operation of The Hub, which includes use of any robot, spider, or other automated device, process, or means to access, retrieve, scrape, or index any portion of the Site;
- Violate the privacy or infringe the rights of others, including intellectual property rights;
- Use The Hub to conduct NAR Elected Office campaign activities, including but not limited to, distributing NAR Elected office campaign materials, campaign messaging, statements of support, or the display of campaign-related content in a Hub user's signature block;
- Use inflammatory, offensive or inappropriate language;
- Impersonate other persons.
In certain areas of The Hub, you can choose to upload content that will be publicly displayed. Please be thoughtful when choosing to do so, since content available online is easily shared and captured.
If you choose to share content on The Hub, you warrant and represent that you are the owner of the content or you are permitted to use the content in such manner. You may not post any content to the Site that you do not own or are not permitted to use. NAR respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects you to do the same.
By submitting any content, you grant to NAR a nonexclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, sublicensable, royalty-free license to use, store, display, publish, transmit, transfer, distribute, reproduce, create derivative works of, and publicly perform such content for any purpose related to the Site and the services provided through the Site.
If you choose to upload content to The Hub, you agree to indemnify and hold NAR harmless from any and all liability, damages or expenses whatsoever due, directly or indirectly, to any cause of action arising out of the Content posted by you.
The Hub is for the exclusive use of NAR members and REALTOR® organization staff who serve on NAR committees, forums, and work groups, or other key constituent groups represented here. As a member of one of these groups, you are automatically approved to use this site; to access your communities, you will need sign in. As long as you are using the same email you’ve used to register for www.nar.realtor, you can sign in to The Hub using your www.nar.realtor username and password. If you are not registered at www.nar.realtor or do not recall your username and password, the sign-in and register screens will walk you through the registration or information-retrieval process. You are responsible for your username and password, and the activities that occur on The Hub under your username and password, so please be careful with how you store and share that information.
You are also responsible for providing NAR with accurate and complete registration information, including updating such information as it changes.
Questions about committee administration and policy should go to Victoria Peterson, email@example.com. For technical issues or questions outside the scope of NAR committees, contact NAR at 800-874-6500 or email NAR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By participating in NAR leadership through a committee, forum, work group, or other key constituent group, you agree to receive email notifications from THEHUB.REALTOR. Through your Profile settings you can set the system to send you a daily digest or a weekly digest of community activity.
Third-Party Advertisers and Vendors
Third-party vendors may advertise, offer products or services for sale, or host promotions on The Hub. If you choose to purchase any product or service or enter any promotion, the terms of that purchase or promotion are between you and the third-party vendor. NAR does not make any representation or warranty about third-party products, services, or promotions available through the Site. NAR disclaims all liability for any losses or damages stemming from any purchase or promotion offered by a third-party vendor.
SITE PROVIDED "AS IS"
NAR hopes your visit to The Hub is informative and entertaining; however, there are certain things that NAR cannot guarantee. THIS SITE IS PROVIDED BY NAR ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY THAT THE SITE WILL MEET ANY PARTICULAR CRITERIA OF PERFORMANCE OR QUALITY. NAR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE USABILITY, CONDITION OR OPERATION OF THIS SITE, OR THAT ACCESS TO OR USE OF THEHUB.REALTOR WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR AS TO THE INFORMATION, CONTENT OR MATERIALS INCLUDED ON THIS SITE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NAR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, COMPARABILITY, SECURITY AND ACCURACY.
Some jurisdictions do not permit the disclaimer of certain warranties, so the above disclaimers may not apply to you.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL NAR, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL AND PUNITIVE DAMAGES. NAR SHALL ALSO NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE, DATA, USE, GOODWILL OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES; DAMAGES RELATING TO YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE HUB; DAMAGES RELATING TO ANY THIRD-PARTY CONDUCT OR CONTENT AVAILABLE ON THE HUB, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OR CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES TO ALL CLAIMS, REGARDLESS OF LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT NAR HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Some jurisdictions do not permit the limitation or exclusion of certain liabilities, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
As the member of an official NAR committee, forum, work group, or other key constituent group, you agree to use this site as your primary form of communication within the group. NAR may suspend or terminate the Site at any time at NAR's discretion and without notice. NAR may also terminate, limit or suspend your access to the Site for any reason at any time and without notice. For example, NAR may terminate your access to this Site if you are no longer serving on one of the above named groups or are not complying with these Terms or if NAR determines that you are a repeat infringer of third-party intellectual property rights.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA")
NAR respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects you to do the same. Per the DMCA, NAR will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement on the Site if submitted to NAR's Copyright Agent as described below. Upon receipt of a notice alleging copyright infringement, NAR will take whatever action it deems appropriate within its sole discretion, including removal of the allegedly infringing materials.
If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been violated by NAR or by a third party who has uploaded materials to the Site, please provide the following information to NAR's designated Copyright Agent listed below:
a. A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
b. A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
c. An address, telephone number, and e-mail address where NAR can contact you and, if different, an e-mail address where the alleged infringing party, if not NAR, can contact you;
d. A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the use is not authorized by the copyright owner or other intellectual property rights owner, by its agent, or by law;
e. A statement by you under penalty of perjury that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or are authorized to act on the owner's behalf;
f. Your electronic or physical signature.
NAR may request additional information before removing any allegedly infringing material. In the event NAR removes the allegedly infringing materials, NAR will immediately notify the person responsible for posting such materials that NAR removed or disabled access to the materials. NAR may also provide the responsible person with your e-mail address so that the person may respond to your allegations.
NAR reserves the right to terminate, limit or suspend any user's access to the Site in the event of repeated infringing activity. If you believe that a user of this Site is a repeat infringer, please follow the above instructions to contact NAR's Copyright Agent. Please include sufficient information to assist NAR in determining that the user repeatedly engaged in infringing activity.
NAR registered a designated agent with the Copyright Office pursuant to 17 U.S.C. 512(c). NAR's designated Copyright Agent is:
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®
430 N. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60611
email@example.com (link sends e-mail)
NAR's International REALTOR® Member network extends worldwide, and NAR welcomes visitors to its websites from across the world. NAR's operations are, however, located in the United States and its policies and procedures based on United States law. If you are located outside of the United States, you consent to the transfer, storage and processing of your information, such as registration information or email addresses, in the United States. Additionally, if you are accessing The Hub from a country embargoed by the United States, you agree to not engage in any commercial activities, including financial transactions, using or through The Hub.
These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of Illinois, without reference to conflicts of laws. Regardless of your location, any disputes that arise under these Terms will be litigated before a court in Cook County, Illinois.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement and understanding between the parties with respect to their subject matter and may not be contradicted by evidence of any prior or contemporaneous oral or written agreement. These Terms create no third party beneficiary rights.
NAR's or your failure to exercise any right provided for in these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of any rights under these Terms. If any provision of these Terms is found to be unenforceable, such unenforceability will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions. You may not assign any of your rights under these Terms. NAR may assign its rights under these Terms in whole or in part at any time without your consent. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of these Terms.
1. NAR gathers the following types of information needed to process your transactions, fulfill your requests, and maintain our membership records:
- Contact information you provide (for example, your personal and business addresses, phone and fax numbers, firm affiliations and titles).
- Tracking information which our Web server automatically recognizes each time you visit one of our sites or communicate with us by email (for example, your domain name, your email address, and what pages you visit).
- Information you volunteer, via applications or surveys (for example, education, designations, specialties, affiliations with other real estate organizations and general demographic data).
2. NAR uses this information to:
- Improve and customize the content and layout of our sites and other communications tools, such as REALTOR® Magazine online and print.
- Notify you of updates to our sites.
- Notify you of relevant products and services.
- Notify you of upcoming events and programs.
- Compile specialty directories about which you will be made aware.
- Track usage of our sites.
- Assist local and state REALTOR® associations and affiliated Institutes, Societies, and Councils in membership tracking and for their use for purposes similar to those listed above.
3. Email contact information. NAR does not share, sell, or trade email addresses, except that state and local association staff and leadership email addresses may be listed in the membership directories available on REALTOR.org. NAR may use your email address to directly send you information and may provide you with online informational or marketing messages that have been approved by NAR together with other communications to which you have subscribed.
4. Other forms of contact information. Forms of contact information other than email address (for example, street address) may be listed in the membership directories available on nar.realtor. NAR will not share, sell or otherwise provide this contact information about you except for the following purposes:
- Partners in our REALTOR Benefits® Program for the limited purpose of notifying you of NAR-approved promotions.
- Exhibitors at REALTOR® trade shows for the limited purpose of contacting you one time immediately before and after trade shows, through marketing vehicles approved by NAR.
- Other vendors for the limited purpose of contacting targeted groups of members, through marketing vehicles approved by NAR.
- When required by law or valid legal process, or to protect the personal safety of our members or the public.
- Some or all of the data collected during promotions or contests on our sites that are sponsored by third parties may be shared with the sponsor for the limited purpose of a one-time marketing follow-up by the sponsor. If information about you will be shared with a sponsor, you will be notified prior to your participation in the promotion or contest and you can decide not to participate in the promotion or contest.
5. Credit information that you and credit authorizers provide when you make payments by credit card or electronic check for products, dues or other services via the REALTOR® Electronic Commerce Network will only be used to process the transactions you request. This information will be provided to and maintained by reputable credit reporting databases, but will never be sold, shared or provided to other third parties.
6. NAR follows generally accepted standards to protect the information it collects and makes available via its Web sites. NAR tests their security procedures regularly and modifies them as new technologies become feasible.
7. NAR utilizes a strict Opt-Out policy for sending online notifications regarding services, products and programs. You may adjust your Communication Preferences by reviewing your nar.realtor registration. Just Login first. Then you can change your preferences.
8. You may edit your personal contact information directly in the NRDS system or by contacting your local REALTOR® association.
IN ADDITION, THE FOLLOWING POLICIES APPLY SPECIFICALLY TO THE HUB
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through The Hub, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.